“Renew relationships and link yourself with those that you wanted to with a bit of colour.”
The wait is over now! Holi, the celebration of hues or colours is knocking our doors with zeal, excitements and get to gather of families and friends. Those who are still untouched by this marvellous celebration of colours I am here to tell you that it is celebrated every year just in northern India and Nepal by Hindus. And, if you are from southern India then, you probably never get a chance to play until or unless you come in Northern parts.
Well, we indulge ourselves so much in colours, water inflatable, thandai, pichkaries but, forget to care for the skin and hair. And, I am sure you are the one among those who forget about skin care. The damage by the brutal colours and tanning by the sun rays are unavoidable. But, if you follow the tips that I have prepared for you trust me your skin and hair will be thankful to you.
Pre- Holi Tips for Skin and Hair Care:
- Sunscreen: Whether it is a protection from Holi or on normal days, sunscreen always does the wonder. Before you go out for Holi party never forget to apply the sunscreen all over your body especially on the open areas like face, neck and hands.
- Moisturizer: It would be great to have some moisturizer or cream on your skin before playing Holi. It helps to avoid the direct contact of harmful chemicals to the skin. Applying lightweight, non-sticky body oil everywhere on your body before playing Holi is likewise a decent trap to ensure that hues are expelled effectively from your skin.
- Clothes: Choose your clothes wisely for Holi. Full sleeve with thick fabrics is always a good option to go with.
- Oil your skin and hair: The old nuska of Dadi and Nani is very effective in today’s time. It will keep the colours from saturating the skin. The oil makes a boundary and keeps the majority of the shading out of the skin and hair.
- Tie your hair: Open hair has more chances to get damage as compared to tied ones. So, always tie them up or make plates.
- Lip Balm: The must-have a thing before Holi party is to hydrate your lips with the good quality lip balm. Apply a decent lip ointment to appreciate me later.
- Hydrate yourself: Drink enough water and liquids to keep yourself hydrated during the festival. The absence of water will simply dry out skin and hair and make it powerless to more harm.
- Nail colour: When we talk about the protection from colours, nails have high chances to get damage. But, a thick application of any nail colour it helps to keep the nails from looking repulsive the day after Holi.
Post- Holi Tips Skin and Hair Care:
- Cleansers: When you are backing home after having fun and thandai use a good cleanser to remove the colour. It will simply exacerbate the situation. You can use purifying milk and the colours falling off from your body much effectively.
- Take shower and moisturize your skin: Apply some lotion after you clean up the colours. It will fill some softness after rubbing that makes your skin harsh.
- Aloe Vera gel: Aloe Vera is one of the remedies that help you to get rid of the sunburnt. When the skin shows two colours Aloe Vera can help to balance the colour. You can also use lacto calamine moisturizer to alleviate the skin.
Don’t forget to consider these final tips:
- It is really important to avoid salon or parlour for facial, hair colour, bleach or any other skin and hair treatment because the chemicals mixed in colours will take 2-3 weeks to completely leave your skin.
- To save your hair from the damage you can use a paste of curd and methi seeds as it helps to nourish your hairs.
- Cold water is best to remove the colours of Holi as hot water makes it tougher to get rid of stains.
- Avoid washing or rubbing your face again and again because it will make your skin dry.
- Use natural remedies like coconut oil along with a cotton ball to remove stains. Amchur powder also works well in colour removing.
- You can also apply a paste using curd and methi seeds powder. Apply this as a hair mask post the Holi celebrations. This will prevent hair damage and keep your hair nourished.
I hope these above-mentioned tips will help to keep your skin and hair safe from harmful chemicals. If you know some great tips about skin or hair care during Holi, do share in the comment.I have some more tips to share here .
I wish you a great and happy Holi!