Summers means Mangoes, the king of the fruits. Mango lovers rejoice as the summer season arrives. The juicy fruit takes away everybody’s heart. Since mangoes contain a good amount of fiber they help in easy digestion. Every summer we lookout for new mango recipes we can try. Summers are all about mangoes and different delicacies made out of it? But, nowadays the fruit is available in every season.
Delicacies such as mango juice, mango ice-cream, and mango pickle, etc. Mango mousse remains the most favorite amongst all. Nobody can resist the taste of creamy, fluffy, and a little tangy mango mousse which makes the mousse taste more heavenly. This mouth-watering mango mousse is very easy to make and settles your sweet tooth. The strong flavor of mango on the mousse gives instant freshness. The ingredients required for making mango mousse is readily available in your kitchen. It will take around 15 mins to prepare for the recipe and another 15 mins to cook the mousse.
1 cup of sweetened whipping cream (If using the unsweetened version, add 3/4 cup of icing sugar to it)
2. ¼ cup of agar agar mixed with
3. 1 Cup water
4. A pinch of salt
5. Juice of half a lime
6. 1 cup Mango pulp
1. Whip the cream till soft peaks. it’ll take around 5-8 minutes to realize that consistency.
2. Once the cream is whipped to soft peaks refrigerate it
3. I have agar agar strips so I have grind it in grinder mixture and form agar agar powder.
4.In a bowl dilute agar agar powder with water, combine it with a spoon and let it sit for a moment. This helps agar agar to dissolve well.
5.Heat Agar agar and water whereas whisking periodically for ten minutes and add sugar in it.
6. Do not leave the agar agar on stove , keep stirring it so it dissolve completely. no white lumps are formed.
7. Whatever we are going to add ,it should be warm or on normal temperature.
8. Add warm mango pulp(microwave it or boil it a bit) in boil agar agar mixture thereto whereas stirring continuously followed by a pinch of salt and juice. Take the mixture off the flame.
9. Mix the whipped cream and mango pulp in a bowl using the folding method.
10.Take small portion of whipped cream and mix it and keep on adding so no lumps are formed.
11. In small cups add mango pieces and pour the mousse mixture. Tap the cups and refrigerate for 15-20 minutes.
Best If you chilled it for 2 hours
Dual Mango Mousse
Lets jazz a bit Mango mousse with dual colour.
Make one portion of Mango Mousse as mentioned above.
For white mixture
1.In a bowl dilute agar agar powder with water, combine it with a spoon and let it sit for a moment. This helps agar agar to dissolve well.
2. Heat Agar agar and water whereas whisking periodically for ten minutes and add sugar in it.
3. Add half cup warm milk in Agar Agar mixture.
4. Add one cup whipped cream with the mixture ,cut and fold method.
5. Now take a bowl or short glass, tilt it a little and add half portion of glass with mango mousse , set in the freeze for half an hour in the same tilted portion. when it is set . You can straighten the glass and pour white mousse on it.
6. Let it set for 1 hour and you can decorate it as per your wish
7. Serve the chilled Mango mousse.
Mango mousse is a good and innovative option to serve as a dessert in summer if you are bored of having mango juice Make sure to use all the ingredients fresh, as the essence of the freshness will make the mousse taste more delicious. Also, top the mousse with few mango cubes to give it a presentable look and extra mango flavor. Keep the mousse in the refrigerator for around half-hour to one hour. Serve chilled mango mousse after dinner and enjoy.