I think Monsoon is incomplete without Samosa treat. Rain and Samosa have been around for centuries all the way from the Middle East to India. The arrival of the rains brings with it some pretty strong food cravings. There is nothing to beat the savory samosa. It doesn’t matter if you’re a health freak, a samosa a day is compulsory, especially during the rainy season.
So get your craving and appetite up and make this carving three corner cheese samosa. You have eaten aloo samosa but this is cheesy samosa – Pizza samosa.
Desi Dish but Videshi Tadka
For cover ingredient
- Flour 1 1/2 cup
- salt 1 Tsp
- ajwain optional
- ghee/oil 2 tbsp
- water as per requirement
For Stuffing :
- pizza sauce 1tbsp
- mozzarella cheese 1/2 cup
- Italian seasoning
- Capsicum 1/2 capsicum
- Onion 1 small
- cottage cheese 1/2 cup
- Chili flakes 1tsp
- Let’s make a dough for a crispy outer layer. Take Flour, salt, and ghee in a wide mouthed bowl.
- mix all the ingredients properly with the hand. you will notice the mixture become crumbly after mixing. Now add water in multiple small quantities and knead firm dough (harder than paratha dough). cover it with wet muslin clothes or any cloth and let it set for 15-20 minutes.
- When the dough is set, let start making stuffing for samosa.
- For stuffing chop the capsicum and a onion so that it becomes to small.
- Grate cottage cheese and mozzarella cheese separately.
- in a bowl add cottage cheese, chopped veggies and add pizza sauce. Mix well the stuffing should not be too wet.
- Add Italian seasoning, red chili flakes and in the end grated mozzarella cheese in stuffing mixture and mix well.
- After 15-20 minutes, remove the wet cloth and knead the dough again until smooth. Divide it into 15 equal portions and make a round shaped ball from it.
- Take one dough ball and press it between your palms to flatten it a little. Put it over rolling board and roll it out into round shaped puri. Cut it into two semi-circles.
- spread water on the cut side edge.
- Take one semi – circle and give it a shape of a cone by folding it from both sides
(overlapping one side over another) and pressing them to seal the sides.
- Put 2 tsp of filling in the cone. Do not over the stuffing otherwise, you will not able to seal the edges properly in next step.
- Wet the edge with a moist finger and press it tightly. fold the edges inside.
- For Deep frying, heat oil in a heavy-based kadai (pan) over medium flame. when oil is medium hot, add 2- 3 samosa in it and reduce flame to low.
- Deep fry them on low to medium flame until they turn golden brown. Transfer them on napkin or paper to soak extra oil.
- Transfer fried samosas to a plate and serve with chutney.
My In-laws do not like Cheese so I made them Potato samosa just need to change the stuffing with boil pea and potatoes. Mashed potatoes, add all the spices (red chili, salt,garam masala, coriander powder, chaat masala) and add green chili, coriander and boil peas.
My kids are so cheese maniac that they want everything made of cheese. This is the best cheese delight for them.
Enjoyed oily samosa. Now get ready to detox it with Te-a-me Detox with cardamom turmeric spice tea . This has the active blend of golden turmeric, rich Indian spices, and fruity orange peel, somehow the mixture adds great flavor to the beverage. The aroma is pleasant and tastes good. I feel refreshed and restore with this healthy tea. Monsoons are when the body’s immunity is at an all-time low. It acts as a body cleanser and helps remove toxins from the body, aids in digestion, boosts the immune system, an effective home remedy for common ailments like colds and sore throats. Its one of the best combo pack in this monsoon. The perfect blend of turmeric, Indian spices, and orange in this tea not only satiates the tea lover in me but also gives me a sense that I am a step closer to healthy living.
This blog post is a part of ‘Monsoon Carnival’ hosted by Mommyinme and SayeriDiary! ❤
I would like to thank them both for hosting this monsoon carnival and also a big ‘Thank You’ to TE-A-ME Teas for adding a reason to love monsoon more.