Dahi bhalla is a party dish which usually proved as a mouth watering dish of every party. Yummy dish is everyones favourite too. Sweet and tangy taste of Dahi bhalla add flavour in your food. You have heard of Dahi bhalla but haven’t heard of instant Dahi bhalla which is solution for a strong carving of Dahi bhalla. Best part of it is , It does not need frying or oil to be use . It is a health recipe too.
This dish is my family’s favourite recipe and even any guest at home can see dahi bhalla in my menu list.
lets began with lip-smacking recipe.
Preparation time 15 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
- 4 slices of white bread
For dry fruits Filling
- 1 tsp pomegrate seeds
- walnut,cashew nuts,almonds, raisins
For Aloo Chaat Filling
- boil 1 potaote
- 1/2 boil chickpeas
- green coriander
- salt according to taste
- 1/4 tsp chaat masala
- 1/4 tsp red chilli
- 1/4 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 green chilli (optional)
- 1-1/2 cups yogurt (curd, Dahi)
- 1/4 cup tamarind chutney recipe given below
- 1/2 tsp green chutney (optional)
- according to taste salt
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp green coriander chopped
- 1 tsp pomegranates seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp dry fruits (optional)
- 1 tsp Aloo bujiya (optional)
- Firstly cut all brown edges of bread slices.
- Now dip one bread in water . press it with hands so excess water is removed.
- Making stuffing we are making two stuffing
(i) First we make dry fruit stuffing where we mix all the ingredient of dry fruit stuffing into it.
(ii) Second we are making aloo chaat stuffing where we mix boil and mashed aloo with boil chickpeas adding all spices,green coriander
- After that on a wet bread slice, put stuffing in it . Put stuffing in center of bread.
- Fold bread in a way that it comes in a form of round bhalla.
- Keep that bhalla in small serving bowl, pour curd on it. Whisk curd before adding to bhalla.
- Now add tamarind sauce (imli ki chutney) and green chutney on it.
- Sprinkle salt, red chilli powder & jeera powder as per your taste.
- Now you can garnish it with pomegranate, dry fruits,green coriander and aloo bhujiya
Note- (i)Bread bhalla cannot be stored for long time. it should be served and eaten instantly as bread get saggy
(ii)For healthy twist you can have brown bread too
Tamarind (imli ki chutney)
- 1/2 cup tamarind boil it in 1 and 1/2 cup of water for 8-190 minutes
- Strain the tamarind pulp ,discard the fiber and seeds
- Add 3/4 cup jaggery in tamarind pulp mixture and bring it boil until it is dissolve well
- Add black salt,red chilli,cumin powder according to taste.
- Turn of the flame you can add water melon seeds in it ,optional step
- Let tamarind chutney cool at room temperature.