Sip! Slurp! Soup any time in any season. My kids and my great grandmother love homemade soup. I use to make spinach, tomato and mix vegetable soups for them. Specially in winters, the demand for soup raises and why not? Don’t you feel divine, when you get a hot cup of healthy yummy soup while envelope in the blanket. Soup is a great immunity booster and who do not want to have or give family a healthy diet?
|2 tablespoons chopped Spring Onion (or normal onion)|
|2 teaspoons minced Garlic|
|1/3 tablespoons chopped capsicum|
|1/3 cup chopped Carrots|
|-01/3 cup chopped Cauliflower/cabbage|
|1/3 cup Sweet Corn Kernels|
|1/3 cup chopped French Beans|
|1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper|
|1 lemon juice|
|2 tablespoons Oat|
|1/2 tablespoon Butter or Oil|
|2½ cups Water or Vegetable Stock|
|Salt to taste|
1.Chop garlic , onion and ginger separately.
2.I usually roughly chop vegetables and then chop all the veggies (carrot, cauliflower, french beans, capsicum) into small pieces in chopper (except corn).
2.Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil or butter in a large, heavy bottomed stockpot or in pressure cooker over medium flame. Add chopped onion,ginger and garlic.
3. Sauté for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add carrots, cabbage,capsicum, sweet corn kernels, french beans (only for veggies).
5. Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes.
6. Add oat in the veggies, saute a little . its optional , oat give healthy twist to your soup plus it will thicken the soup.
7. Add 2½ cups water or vegetable stock. Stir well and bring the mixture to a boil. When it starts boiling, add salt.
8. Add black pepper powder.
9.I use to make in pressure cooker to make it instant and three whistle is enough.
10. Add lemon juice that enhance the taste.
Hot yummy healthy Vegetable soup is ready to be served.
I am sure you will love the soup. Do try out let me know how it turn out? Till then I will come up with New recipe for you.