All ladies just love to wear makeup. Cosmetics like lipstick, foundation, mascara, eyeliner, concealer, eye shadow and other stuff can be found in their makeup kit in huge number. In the market also there is a huge range of cosmetics available from which a woman has a choice to choose from. Well, women need to understand that unlike Books & photos, Cosmetics don’t last forever!! Harsh to listen, but it’s true!
Makeup comes with an expiry date and there is a need to throw away makeup whenever it is necessary. I know it’s thought to give away your favourite shade but if you don’t do it then there are side effects you will have to deal with.
Most of you don’t have the idea of when it’s the right time to throw away makeup, so here are some of the guidelines for you:
BYE BYE To Makeup
- Lipstick should be thrown out after about a year.
- Products for the face, like foundation and primer, typically last for up to 24 months.
- Throw away the Blush after using it for two years.
- Eyeshadows do last for more than two years.
- Pencil eyeliners can last for up to a year from the time of opening.
- Liquid eyeliner should be replaced in every three months.
- Mascara has a short shelf-life of around three months and should be replaced in months.
- The liquid foundation should be replaced after six months to one year.
- The Cream makeup does last from 6 months to one year and thus be replaced after that.
- Powder makeup should also be replaced after 2 years.
- Replace the face moisturizer after 6 months (Tub) and after 1 year (pump).
- Sunscreen should be thrown away after 1 year.
- Nail polish should be replaced after 1 year.
- Perfume do last for years to throw it away after 8 to 10 years.
Sometimes, it happens that before their expiry date, there are some signs that indicate you to throw away the makeup. Have a look below at these signs:
Signs Time To Buy It New
When you see that a product changes colour or gets separate it’s the right time to throw it away from your makeup collection. Changing colour indicates that the makeup has started to break down.
When you have suffered from a painful eye infection, conjunctivitis in your eye then it is time to think to throw away your eye makeup because while suffering from Any type of eye infection, when you use the product the bacteria get transferred into it and can create problems in future. Thus, it is important that you throw away that eye makeup right away to avoid future consequences.
Most of the product does not come up with expiry date then, in that case, think and try to remember when you brought the particular makeup product. In case, you don’t remember then it’s time to throw away the makeup product.
If the makeup begins to band and resembles the Grand Canyon, it is time to throw it away. Never mark life events with the layering of makeup.
Skin feels weird:
If while using the makeup your skin starts feeling weird then it’s a right time to keep it away from your collection. It denotes that the makeup has begun to age and dry up. If you don’t realise it on time and keep on using it then, later on, you will face skin ailments. So, better now than later to throw away your makeup product.
When there is a smell coming out of your makeup then it shows that bacteria are growing in it. It also indicates the expiry date and change in composition. It is better to avoid using that product immediately. When you get strong, pungent, or sweet smells or even chemical-based smells, it is time to throw away the product.
It’s never wrong to change and pamper yourself. You can go out to shop and spot on to some great makeup products and buy them. It’s totally your choice to replace the new one with the older ones or also to have colourful makeup products to match the wardrobe of the current season.
While using the makeup on a daily basis it is recommended to renew the makeup products within six months to avoid consequences in future.
Makeup always comes up with expiry date so may time it happens that we keep on using it and don’t see the expiry date. So, it is always recommended that once in a week or month before applying makeup, have a look at its expiry date.
Hope these signs and guidelines help you out in keeping your skin safe and makeup too. Before using any type of makeup, make sure that you check it out properly.
Picture Credit: Unsplash