Once you’ve chosen your dream Quinceanera dress, it’s time to choose your accessories. With so many options to choose from, knowing where to start can be a daunting process. So, we’ve put together a couple of handy tips to help you!
Picking Accessories To Match Your Dress
The neckline of your dress is a big deal when it comes to choosing accessories. If your dress has a high neckline, a necklace isn’t a great idea, but a tiara or layered bracelets will work well.
Image Source: Unsplash
On the other hand, dresses with sweetheart necklines work really well with most normal length necklaces, especially bold, statement pieces. If your dress has a deep v neckline, consider a pendant. For open back dresses, a backdrop necklace will really make a statement. You’ll find plenty of beautiful wholesale diamonds Sydney women like online and in your favourite local jeweller.
Here are a few more ways to pair accessories with your dress for your special occasion:
- If you’re wearing a strapless dress, choose either chandelier earrings or a necklace. Or both! It’s actually a lovely pair to complete the look.
- If you’re going to wear a halter dress, your shoulders and hands will be exposed. So, pick a pretty diamond bracelet or a headpiece like a crown or tiara.
- High neck dresses work well with bracelets and a pair of stud earrings.
- If you’re wearing a dress with a pattern of illusion that covers the neck area with a net or any other kinds of transparent fabric, dangly earrings are the perfect way to complete your look.
- For one-shoulder dresses, again, dangly earrings work well, as do bracelets. A beautiful headpiece will really finish the look.
Tips For Coordinating Your Dress And Accessories
If you’ve chosen a dress with a particularly bold colour, be sure that none of your accessories clash with your dress. Bold colours need to be paired with more simple items. Think about the details on your dress – especially if there’s gold or silver beading. Your accessories should always complement your dress and never steal the whole show.
Choose Something That Has Meaning
The accessories you wear on your Quinceanera day should be meaningful. Maybe it’s the perfect time to borrow an antique piece in the family or something your mother has given you. You may even want to wear the same piece your mother wore on the occasion of her Quinceanera day.
Before you start shopping around for jewellery, look in your mother or grandmother’s jewellery box to see if they have something special for you to borrow.
Don’t Forget About Your Hair
Besides your neckline, the way you style your hair will influence the kind of accessories you decide to wear. If you plan on wearing an updo, choose large statement or dangly earrings. If you plan to wear your hair down, it’s better to keep your accessories simple.
Image Source: Pexels
The best way to pair your hair and accessories is to take along a few options to your hair stylist to figure out what works best, especially if you plan on wearing any kind of headpiece.
Use these tips and you’re sure to match your dress and accessories perfectly for this very special occasion.
Image credit – unsplash