Christmas is just a day away, and it’s time to decorate home, Christmas tree and make all the delicious goodies, plum cake to add the sweetness to the festival. But, why to make the same boring cake like every year you made?
Yup, this year, Christmas should be a little different but tastier. If you are wondering what can be the flavor of your cake? Then, try the plum cake.
Yes, the plum cake is a trendy international cuisine, which is especially famous for its soaking process and rich flavor. The recipe for this cake is very easy, and today I’m sharing the same with you. So, wear your chef cap and let start!
Important question you need to know for Plum cake:
How much time will it take to get prepared?
It will take a total of 2 hours.
How much time required for cooking?
To bake the cake, you need 1 hour. So, overall you need 3 hours to make this yummiest cake.
Is this cuisine Indian or International?
This is the International cuisine famous for Christmas.
What ingredients will you need for soaking dry fruits?
- Rum or any preferred alcohol
- You can also use apple/ grape juice
- Finely chopped raisins/ kishmish ¼ cup
- Finely chopped cherries ¼ cup
- Finely chopped apricot/ khubani ¼ cup
- Finely cut dates / khajur 0.25 cup
- Finely chopped cranberries ¼ cup
- Finely chopped figs / anjeer 0.25 cup
What ingredients will you need for Plum cake batter?
- 1½ cup of warm water.
- 1 cup of brown sugar or white sugar (whatever you prefer)
- 2/3 rd cup of all purpose flour
- Nutmeg powder or jayfal powder ¼ tsp
- Cardamom powder or elachi powder ½ tsp
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Orange or lemon zest 1 tsp
- Baking soda ½ tsp
- Cinnamon powder ½ tsp
- Salt (just a pinch)
- Finely chopped almonds ¼ tsp
- Finely chopped walnut ¼ tsp
How to soak dry fruits?
· Take a bowl and put all the dry fruits ( raisins apricot, dry dates, fig, cranberries)
· You can choose the quantity as per your needs.
· Now, add grape/apple or any alcohol into it and mix it properly, so that dry fruits properly gets coated with the same.
· Let the soak items rest for 2-3 hours. For better results, you can leave it overnight. On the other hand, if you are using alcohol instead of juice, go it for a week or 115 days for a better test.
How to make a Plum cake?
- Take a large size bowl and out 1.25 cups of water but, it should be warm.
- Now, add a cup of brown sugar in it. You can also use regular sugar or sugar-free as well.But brown sugar give a nice brown colour to the Plum cake.
- Add a few drops of any vegetable oil to get the cake moist. The oil will also help to get the fresh cake longer. You can also use an egg if you want to instead of oil.
- Now, make sure to blend the mixture properly until the sugar gets dissolved.
- Add 2 cups of maida or plain flour in the bowl.
- Now, add one tablespoon of baking powder and half spoon of baking soda.
- Add a pinch of salt, cinnamon powder, cardamom powder, and nutmeg powder into the bowl.
- Ensure to sieve it well so that the air would be incorporated so that every powder mix properly into the mixture.
- Now, add orange or lemon zest into the batter along with a tablespoon of vanilla
- Again blend everything properly so that no lumps have been created. By continue mixing, you will get the right creamy and smooth consistency.
- Now, add the soaked dry fruits into the batter bowl along with nuts.
- Mix it again to mix it properly.
- I use aluminium foil to make a base on mould. Grease the aluminum foil with oil or butter before transferring the batter into it.
- Pour the mixture into the mould and pat to set it.
- Now, put the mould into the preheated oven which is set for 180-degree Celsius.
- Bake it for at least 40 minutes.
- After, 40 minutes keep it out, and with the help of a toothpick, check it.
- Serve this mouthwatering plum cake on Christmas eve.
- To moist the cake, we are using oil instead of eggs.
- If you are don’t want to use alcohol such as rum, whiskey, brandy, wine, you can use grape or apple juice as we have used in this recipe.
- You can use any dry fruit or even tutti fruiti of your choice.
- Keep an eye at the baking process so that it will make your cake burnt.
So, this is the most straightforward cake recipe which you can follow to make your Christmas extra tasty. If you like the method then, never forget to share it with your friend.