Diwali is festival of light and spreading happiness. How are you celebrating kali puja and Diwali 2020 , when whole world is in pandemic situation? Do not kill the festivity feel just check out way to Celebrate of Diwali 2020. Most difficult part is to keep spirit alive of festival amongst kids without letting them burst crackles. Let’s brighten our house with Diwali DIY specially made by kids.
So let them engaged in Diwali DIY and that give them happiness of making things by themselves .
My daughter is fond of craft work so I allowed her to attend a workshop organized by Rosleen Mam. I met her in an event I was so impressed by her craft magic and her patience while dealing with kids.
I am sharing what my daughter learnt in workshop. I am sure you and your kids will love it.
Laxmi Maa Murali
Small canvas board
Fevicryl mould it- 4 packet
OHP sheet- 1
Acrylic colours- red ,yellow and Golden
Fevicol- small bottle
3D- Golden outliner- 1pcs
Permanent marker- black 1
Stone stickers- 1 pkt
1. Take its printout as per your canvas size .
2. Place carbon paper on the canvas and trace the picture by pressing pencil /pen .
3. Now trace the picture with black permanent marker.
3. Take the mould , It has two parts one is hardener and other is softener mix it well , until it turn in white. Do not open or mix whole mould at once otherwise it will dry out very soon.
4. Roll out the mould and paste it on Traced canvas with help of fevicol.
5. Now colour it as shown in picture without colouring the face.
6. Paint outer area of canvas with Golden colour.
6. Use stone sticker and 3D glitter to decorate the jewellers and Our Laxmi Maa muralli is ready.
- Overhead Projector (OHP) sheets
- Stone Sticker
- Glass paint (optional)
1. Take the OHP sheet ,cut it in shapes as you like it. Ambi, Diya, circle ,square or semi circle.
2. This step is option you can paint the sheet with glass PAINT to give more colorful look.
3. Now stick the pearl/stone sticker on the border of the sheet.
4. Take water in a bowl and carefully place the OHP sheet on the water in Rangoli pattern.
5. Your Rangoli is ready.
- Old Cd
- Tissue papers
- Arcylic Colours
- Stone sticker(optional)
1. Take an old Cd apply thin layer of fevicol on it and spread it evenly. Paste tissue papers on one side of CD. If you want to make it more thick paste more tissue papers. Let it dry.
2. Now cut the extra tissue papers . We just want to cover the CD.
3. Then apply acrylic colour of your choice.
4. Then Take the mould , It has two parts one is hardener and other is softener mix it well , until it turn in white.
5. Roll out the mould and give shape of flower ,leaves and roll the mould like a thin rope and you can paste it on the border of cd.
6. Colour it with acrylic paint and you can paste stone sticker if you wish.
Note- Do note make any design or paste anything in between of the Cdbecause we have the place Diya or candle on it.
Hope you will like Diwali DIY for kids. We are all set for Diwali and for more Diwali for beautiful unique candles you can check it here. Do not forget to check out some cool home makeover ideas that completely change you home look. I am going to add table runner to give my home a beautiful look. What about you?