In winter bliss is hot yummy food. We punjabi can live without social media but not without tempting food.
Gajar k Halwa is North India delicious dessert, carrot goodness with a lot of love Punjabi love (ghee and sugar).
Gajar ka halwa recipe
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 kg or 4 cup grated carrot / gajar
- 4 cup full cream milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp ghee
- cardoman 3-4
- 8-10 unsalted roasted almonds
- 12-15 golden raisins(optional)
- wash, peel and grate the carrots (gajar).
- in a wide open pan add ghee and all the dry fruits. roast it till it turns light golden.
- add grated carrot into the same pan. carrot will start changing its colour and start leaving it water
- now add 4 cups of full cream milk.
- add Green cardamon into the carrot mixture.
- mix well and stir in between so that milk does not get stick to bottom.
- cook carrot and milk on low flame. all the milk should be evaporated .
- add 1 cup of sugar. mix it well .
- once again, cook the carrots in a low flame until sugar water evaporates.
- add 1tbsp ghee in it
- add roasted dry fruits in it . halwa is ready. garnish it with dry fruits. serve it warm
Gajar Halwa Recipe :
- Firstly, wash, peel and grate the carrots (gajar).
- Add ghee and dry fruits. Roast it till it turn light golden.
- Add grated carrot to the same pan. Carrot will start changing it colour and start leaving it water
- Add 4 cup of full cream milk.
- Stir in between so that milk does not get stick to the bottom.
- Cook carrot and milk on low flame. all the milk should be evaporated.
- Add 1 cup of sugar and add crushed green cardamom too. mix it well with carrot mixture.
- Once again, cook the carrots in a low flame until sugar water evaporates and 1tbsp of ghee in it
- Roasted chopped dry fruits in it. halwa is ready. garnish it with dry fruits. Serve it warm.
Do try the recipe and do tell me how it turns out to be.
Please do like and subscribe to know the new recipe, coming on your way.