Healthy & yummiest dish is what we need at this time. Having lunch or dinner without right ingredients that can offer nutrients is not for our health.
Malai Soya Chaap is one such example of flavours & good health combo. Soya is healthy or not is always a debatable question. So, Soya is actually very good for health as it full of nutrients like a high amount of protein, B minerals as well as vitamins. So, including this in your meal is a good idea. Even tofu made from soya milk is rich in calcium or magnesium salts.
Cooked into creamy and mildly spiced flavourful masala gravy malai soya chaap is perfect for serving with different kinds of Indian naans such as Paratha, roti or pulao. It is suitable for the main course as well as a starter or snack. And, you know the best part of making this dish? It takes only 45 mins to get ready with the utmost flavours in it.
Well, for some 45 mins is so much but the result you will get from it is fantastic. This is the must-try recipe for you to make something extra special for your guest or family. This is basically a Punjabi dish that many people leave to try or taste.
Soya chaap is not always gluten-free dish because it prepares using white flour as one of the main ingredients. It prepares by covering ice cream sticks with strips of a dough made by soya chunks then freezing it.
This good non-meat protein source for vegetarians can try by simply following the easy steps shared below. I have prepared one of the best recipe guides for you to get taste and health both in one dish.
So, let’s try & also share your feedback of delicious malai chaap.
- 250 gm Soya Chaap
- 100 gm Hung curd
- 100 gm Cream
- Lemon juice 1tsp
- Salt according to taste
- 1/2 tsp Kastoori methi
- Cardomom powder (optional)
- 1tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 cup Coriander
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1 big Capsicum
- Black pepper or use white pepper
- 2 Onion
1. Wash soya Chaap and pull out the stick from soya Chaap firmly. We should not cut the Chaap otherwise it will be tough to cook each soya Chaap piece’s separately.
2. Take coriander and green chilli in mixing jar to make fine paste that we will add in marination.
3. Now we will marinate the soya Chaap. Take a big bowl add hung curd. In curd no water should be there so try to take hung curd other wise it will leave water and soya Chaap will not coat properly.
4. In curd add cream, ginger garlic paste,green chili paste, kastoori methi, green cardamom powder, lemon juice,black pepper, salt. Mix it well.
5. Now take soya Chaap and coat it in marinate batter. Leave it for 1 hour.
6. Heat fry pan. Add 1 tbsp ghee and then 1 tbsp butter. We add ghee first so butter should not burn.
7. Take out soya Chaap from marination bowl and fry it both side. Let the Chaap cook well untill the side turn red and then flip to another side. So keep on checking.
8. When it is done ,take the Chaap and cut it into pieces.
9. Heat the pan. Add ghee and then butter into pan. When butter is melted saute diced onion and capsicum. We just have to saute it . Do not need to over cook it . Onion need to be just transparent and capsicum should crunchy. Now add soya Chaap into it. Mix it well.
10. Add remaining marinated batter into the fry pan and coat it well.
11. You can add more cream into it ,if you feel it is not enough as for gravy.
12. Garnish with fresh green coriander. It is ready to serve.