How is your summer going on? Seriously, It’s too hot that I feel grilled in this heat.
What I love about summer is its seasonal fruits like watermelon, mangoes, muskmelons, litchi that helps to keep you hydrated and cool in this heat.
Mangoes are extremely low in saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium. They’re a superb supply of dietary fiber and Vitamin B6, likewise, as an honest supply of Vitamin A, Vitamin C. King of Mangoes Offer so many benefits too prevent cancer, cure anemia, help in digestion, delaying aging, boost immunity, promote brain help. Weight Gain, this is one benefit all mom will love to pass on to kids rather having this benefit on their own.
You will be surprised to know that it helps in curing acne problems.
My kids are mango lover and as their favourite chef, I try to fulfill all their demands at home.
With Mango you can make ‘n’ number of recipes, I am sharing few of them and soon will share more. Lets begin with the Mango Manic magic.
Beat The Heat with Aam Panna
Raw mangoes – 2
Sugar – 1/2 cup sugar
Roasted Cumin seed powder- 1 tbsp
salt – 1 tbsp
mint leaves – 1 tbsp
Water – 2 cup
1. Take two raw mangoes, and roast them on flame, when they are roasted
2. Cool them by putting them in a bowl full of water.
3. Peel the outer skin of the mango, wash it so no black burn residence left.
4. Take out the mango pulp in the jar.
5. Now add sugar, black salt, roasted and crush jeera powder.
6. Some chopped mint leaves and blends them well.
7. To make the drink take 1-2 tbsp of mango mixture and Add one glass of chilled water.
8. Serve them chilled
Note: I prefer roasting the mangoes but some prefer to boil the mangoes and then cooking the pulp in a pan with same ingredients
Mango sweet and Tangy Chutney
Big Raw green mango -1
Sugar -1/2 cup
Roasted cumin powder- 1tsp
Red chili powder- 1 tbsp
Roasted cumin powder –1 tsp
Salt- 1 tsp
Black salt- 1/2 tsp
Oil- 2 tbsps
Black onion seeds- 1 tbsp (kalonji)
Fennel seeds- 1 tbsp
Asafoetida (Hing)-1/2 tsp
1. Wash the raw mango and peel them. Grate them and keep it aside
2. Heat oil in a pan. when It is hot add Asafoetida, black onion seed, and fennel seeds.
3. Add grated mango and cook for 2 minutes in low flame.
4. Add salt and red chili powder in it and stir it well.
5. Add sugar to it. When sugar is complete melted and consistency look thick.
6. Add roasted cumin powder mix it well. turn off the flame. Let it cool down
7. Once the chutney is cool down you can transfer into air tighter container/jar and can store in refrigerate for a week.
Note: You can use Jaggery in place of sugar and mustard oil is best for this recipe.
Mango Mint Chutney
Green Raw Mango-1
Mint – 1 bunch
Roasted Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Green chili- 2
Red chili powder
Salt according to taste
Green coriander- 1tbsp
1. Peel the mango and chop it in small pieces
2. Wash coriander, mint and green chili. Chop them roughly.
3. Put the raw mango cubes, green chilies, mint leaves, coriander leaves in a mixer grinder.
4. Add sugar, salt, roasted cumin seeds, red chili powder.
5. Grind it well and now enjoy spicy chutney
This is the easiest recipe where no cooking required and melt in mouth recipe.
Mango puree – 1 cup
Hung curd – 2 cup
Powder Sugar – 1/2 cup
Dry fruits(almond,walnut or pistachio)
1. How you get hung Curd- Place yogurt in a muslin cloth and hang it overnight or for 6-7 hours to drain out the whey from the yogurt and you will get smooth cream out of it. Try to hang curd inside the refrigerator otherwise, curd become soar. we required sweet curd for the recipe.
2. Take out hung curd mix powder sugar to it and whisk it well. Its all about mixing and getting the creamy texture.
3. Add Mango puree and cardamom in it and again mix it well.
4. Add dry fruits and place it in the fridge for an hour so that it gets chilled while serving
5. Ready to taste the lip-smacking creamy Mango Shrikhand
- You can put almond and pistachio in hot water then it is easy to peel the skin and chop.
- Use only sweet mangoes.
- You can also add saffron milk to it for more aroma and colour.
Mango Rabri/ Mango Kulfi
Actually, I made Mango Rabri, kulfi was my daughter Idea so we freeze the Mango kulfi and really turn out great.
Mango puree- 1 cup
Full cream Milk- 1 liter
Sugar – 3 tbsp
Green Cardamon- 1/2 tsp
Saffron 5-6 strands (soaked in 2 tbsps of warm milk)
Dry Fruits chopped (Almonds, walnut,cashewnut)
1. Boil the milk in a heavy pan. Reduce to low flame and let it simmer. Keep stirring in regular intervals. After 60 minutes, the milk will be a thick consistency.
3. Add sugar and cardamom, when sugar is dissolved properly then add nuts.
4. When the mixture comes to its third of its original quantity.
5. Add saffron and mix well. Turn off heat and allow to come to room temperature.
6. When it cool down, add Mango puree. Mix it well.
7. Garnish it with nuts. Chill it in the fridge and serve it chilled.
Just freeze the Mango Rabri in ice cream moulds for 7-8 hours and you are ready with one more recipe that makes every kid happy.
Try out these recipes and let me know how it turns out.