Lets celebrated Love month February with something uniquely sweet. Kuch meetha ho jaye , how’s about mouth-watering recipe Matar ki kheer . yes, you heard it right Matar ki kheer. You must have tasted Matar paneer, aloo matar, matar mushroom but have you tried sweet of pea. Its best thing for moms who’s kids sniff pea and leave food or search pea and separate from food and then eat. I have two kids one love pea and others hate it. This is the rescue to feed my kid with it’s nutrition, she never came to know about pea in it and nor your family, friends until you gonna tell them the recipe. It is rich, creamy matar ki kheer just like rabri to satiate your sweet buds too!
Prep Time : 16-20 minutes
Cook time : 21-25 minutes
Serve : 4
Ingredients for Matar ki Kheer
- Green Peas 1 1/2 cups
- Ghee 3 tablespoons
- Pistachios sliced few for garnish
- Raisins 2 tablespoons
- Green cardamom powder a pinch
- Saffron (kesar) a pinch
- Milk boiled and reduced till to 600 ml5 cups
- Diet sugar 2 tablespoons
1. Remove the green pea from the pods. we will need 1 cup of pea.
2. Add the rinsed pea with 1 cup of water in a pressure cooker , sprinkle a pinch of salt.
3. Pressure cook the pea till 2-3 whistles.
4. If too much water remaining then drain the excess water.
5. Let cool the pea in room temperature.
6. Then grind the pea into smooth puree.
Method to make Matar Kheer1. Heat ghee in a deep non stick pan, then lower the fame. add the green peas and saute.2. Continuous stir puree for 5-6 minutes on low flame.
3. Mixture soon will become thicken.
4. Added 4-5 saffron strand in the warm milk.
5. Now start added 2 cup milk in batches. Add 1/2 cup milk.
6. Then add another 1/2 cup milk and keep stirring.
7. Keep on adding milk but in batches and keep on stirring.
8. Add 1/2 cup of sugar into it. stir and mix well
9. When kheer start bubbling then add crushed cardamom or cardamom seed powder.
10.Now add chopped dry fruits (almonds and pistacho) and let simmer for 5 minutes more.
11. Keep aside matar kheer to cool down to room temperature.
Chill in the refrigerator and served chilled.
Method Matar ki kheer Recipe with Picture
1. Take one cup of pea.
2. Put the pea the pressure cooker for boiling.
3. Add 1 cup water and pinch of salt and whistle it 4-5 to times.
4. Let boil pea ,cook down then pour in mixing jar and grind it.
5. Grind it make a smooth puree.
6.Heat a tablespoon of ghee in pan.
7. Once the ghee melted , in low flame add pea puree in it.
8. Continuously stirring the pea puree for 4-5 minutes in low flame, as soon as the mixture thicken.
9. Add the 2 cup milk in batch ,first 1/2 cup of milk and keep on stirring.
10. Then again add second batch of 1/2 cup of milk and again mix it well.
11. Take hot milk and add pinch of saffron in it and also add green cardamom too.
12.Now add 1/2 cup sugar and mix well.
13. Simmer the kheer 4-5 minutes ,until bubbles start appearing.
Now add crushes/chopped dry fruits.
14. Simmer the kheer for another 4-5 minutes, its comes to thick consistence .
15. Its ready to serve, enjoy lip smacking the yummy Matar ki kheer