Being an Indian & hardcore Punjabi, I immensely love the varieties of yummiest & tastiest dish we can eat everyday. There are uncountable dishes we can have without repeating one even in years to come. If I mainly talk about how desi dishes are making gaga over the world & winning the heart of people worldwide, then Methi Matar Malai will come in the list for sure.
This extra delicious dish has my heart personally because it left flavours in my mouth to satisfy my soul. And today I’m going to talk about the same. How you make Methi Matar Malai for your dinner, make your family happy & even serve in front of your guest to gather lots of praises from them.
It is a rich Indian dish of green peas in a creamy, rich sauce which we usually order for ourselves from the restaurant menus. The taste of this would be same & rich.
Cashew nuts, automatic world-famous Indian spices make the curry of Methi Matar Malai even tastier. Well, if you haven’t tasted this dish earlier- I would like to tell you that it has a creamy smooth taste due to the use of cream & white gravy. It is entirely different from red & green gravy.
This mouth-watering dish is ideal for making winter season as Methi or fenugreek leaves is the seasoned vegetable available in winter seasons. You can also prepare in this off season, but the real taste you will get from seasonal Methi is definitely different.
So, follow my step by easy step guide to preparing this creamy gravy Methi Matar Malai to make yourself, your family & children happiest.
2 Green cardamom
1 Bay leaves
1 Black Cardamom
Matar- 1 and 1/2 cup
Cream- 1/2 cup
Medium Tomatoes – 2
Cashews nut -13-14
Dhaniya powder-1/2 tsp
Salt according to taste
Water -1/2 cup
1. Heat the wok(kadai) , Add 1 tbsp oil into it. Now add sliced onion ,Garlic, cashew nuts, Green cardamom ,laung, two slit chillies. Stir it well. Cook it for 5 minutes.
2. Now add chopped tomatoes . Cook it until it become soft. Turn off the gas and let it cool completely.
3. Now in a chopper/mixing grinder blend it and make a smooth puree.
4. In another wok, heat 1tbsp oil . In low flame Add methi and cook it for 2-3minutes. It will shrink and now . Add matar(pea) and cook it for 5-6minutes. Then switch off the gas and put it aside.
5. Now take a wok add 3tbsp oil. In low flame when oil is heated add 1tsp cumin seeds, bay leaf, black cardamom and then add puree we already prepared and cook it till oil get separated.
6. Mix now methi ,matar which we already saluted.
7. Now time for spices, Add salt, turmeric, red chilli, dhaniya powder, garam masala. Mix it well. Let masala cook for a while.
5. Now add 1/2 cup water and let come to boil. Cool it for 10 minutes.
6. Add 1/2 cup cream. I have taken fresh cream. Cover the lid and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Add 1/4tsp sugar (optional)
8. Now it is ready to serve.