Being a Mom of two, I always try a new recipe to make my kids happy in the time of lockdown when we can’t take a risk to eat food from outside. My son is very much found in mousse cake. Frankly speaking, I too like the Mousse Cake. A perfect & spongy mousse cake is not rocket science. If you’re looking for something to indulge your flavor fix but don’t want to turn the oven on, this Mousse Cake is your answer. It is super easy to make as well as will fill your mouth with smacking taste.
Today, I’m going to give you a detailed recipe that you can follow step by step to get your mousse ready at home. And, you know your kids of family members won’t believe that this is the homemade mousse cake. This mousse cake recipe is rich & decadent. And, I bet you will not be able to control yourself to fall in love with it from the first bite.
The most prominent advice for this cake is that you need to use excellent quality ingredient because the texture of the mousse cake wholly depends on the same. Well, you do not even require lots of components for the same. Only a few items would be enough to get it ready.
So, all the lovely ladies why are waiting for follow the recipe to make one of the best mousse at home for your dear & near ones and flaunt like you are a real Master chef out there you can make fancy & yummiest deserts at home.
Here you go …………………..
For mousse cake you can use oreo Biscuits/digestive biscuits or chocolate cake as a base. My hubby don’t like oreo biscuit as base . It taste little salty but If you make instant cake you should try out oreo biscuit as base sharing both the method.
Note- For mousse cake you will require Springform mould. I am using 8′ Springform mould.
Whipped cream-1/2 cup
Dark Chocolate-1/2 cup
Cocoa Powder(for decoration optional)
Spring form mould
For Oreo base
Salted or unsalted butter- 2 tbsp
1. Crush and grind oreo biscuits/digestive biscuits. Grind it in fine powder and add melted butter into it.
2. Mix it well until it is combined well.
3. Take spring based formed mould, and lined up with butter paper and grease side it with butter.
4. Spread the mixture in the mould , press it nice and evenly with spoon or knife and set in the freeze 10-15 minutes.
- In a double boiler , add 1/2 cup of small pieces/crushed dark chocolate compound . Water below should not boiling it just have to be heated. It will take time. You can melt in microwave ,stir in between.
- Add 2 tbsp cream into it and mix it well. Chocolate is melted completely with no lumps in it.
- Let it come into room temperature.
- Now take 1/2 cup whipped cream and beat it with electric beater until soft peak form.
- Now add the melted chocolate into it and beat it again.
Its your choice what base you are taking. I am using Chocolate cake.
- Take spring form mould place the chocolate cake into it. I have used same recipe for chocolate cake that I used for my chocolate with roasted nutty cake. After making the cake , I have cut the cake into half so I can use it as a base or you can half the ingredients of the chocolate cake.
- Transfer the chocolate mousse prepared on the cake.
- Spread the chocolate mousse on the cake well.
- Cover the mousse cake with clinge sheet or place lid on the mould.
- Refrigerate the cake for 3-4 hour.
- Tap the mould from sides and open the springfoam mould from the side. Now time to take out cake very carefully.
- You can decorate cake it with cocoa powder .By sprinkling the cocoa powder on it.
- You can also use chocolate ganache to decorate and make it more chocolaty.
Its upto you ,you can layered as much as you want. You can make a dark chocolate mouse layered and another with white chocolate mousse or add more chocolate cake as a layer.
That’s all! Isn’t the simplest recipe you have tried ever? Never forget to mention in the comment your take on the same. And, if you have any query you can also ask me anytime.