Papaya is rich in antioxidant nutrients such as carotenes, flavonoids, and vitamin C, as well as vitamin B (folate and pantothenic acid). It is also a good source of fiber and minerals such as magnesium. Together, these nutrients help improve cardiovascular health and protect against colon cancer.
Papaya has so many benefits and I always want my kids and hubby to have it . I love papaya but you know most of the kids run away from papaya as my kids do.
Anyhow Moms are smarter than kids who know how to make them eat the thing they hate or run from. Hide those things in some innovative dishes and feed them is what we smart mom do.
I recently invented this papaya recipe which can be eaten as halwa or burfi and you know what? No one can guess that It is Papaya burfi . Its taste and look similar to Karachi Halwa.
Lets began the yummiest recipe
Preparation time 10 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
- papaya 300 gm (approx)
- salt pinch
- sugar – 1cup
- green cardoman -2
- cornflour -3/4 cup
- cashew nut – 1/2 cup
- ghee – 3tbsp
- milk – 1 cup
1.Scoop out papaya pulp and blend it into fine paste
2.Transfer 3 cup pulp in a wok
3. Add pinch of salt and cook on medium heat
4. Cover the lid and let it cook for 5-10 minutes.In beginning it start leaving water , lets cook it for few more minutes so water absorbed
5.Add 1 cup sugar into it and mix it well.
6. Let cook it for few minutes, sugar dissolves completely. mixture thickens a bit.
7. In a bowl mix 3/4 cup of cornstarch with 1 cup of milk, stir until combined. so that no lumps remain.
8. Pour cornflour mixed milk into it and mix well
9. Add half cup cashew nut in it
10.Boil until it is thicken. Continues stir it otherwise lumps will form. It soon start thickening
11.Add 1 tablespoon of ghee and stir it.
12. whenever you feel it going to stick the bottom of wok add 1 tbsp of ghee
Soon it will leave the wok and start to get thicken
13.Grease tin with oil and transfer papaya mixture in it.
14. Level it and add cashew nut into it .
15.Let it cool in room temperature at-least for 2 hours.
Serve the yummy sweets when cool.
Give it a try, I am waiting to hear from you. How it turned out? I am sure you will get a lot of appreciation and do not tell the secret of the main ingredient. SHHHHH…..