I scream you scream, we all scream on rainy days- just to have a hot samosa with chai. Don’t you???
There are a lot of deep-fried snack recipes in Indian cuisine, but samosa is without any controversy the king of them all. This is a very popular deep- fried snack recipe made with mashed potatoes and all-purpose flour. In my recipe you can bake samosa too in place of deep frying it.
Samosa is a hugely popular appetizer, street food, chaat for almost every Indian. It can be eaten as a snack or light snack with a variety of chutneys, including chutneys such as curd chutney, tamarind chutney and green chutney.
There are many different traditional recipes of potato stuffed samosas. The difference between these only depends on their filling, covering (shell), size and method of preparation. And, today I’m going to tell you the same.
We only know the common shape of Samosa that is triangular. I’ve tried samosa in a new shape i.e. Rose Potato Samosa. Sounds good??? And, presenting the samosa in a completely different look for you below. Well, it sounds simple but, you need some skills to get the perfect shape & achieve utmost perfection in it. And, I know if you follow these tricks carefully you too can achieve it.
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour/Maida
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 tsp Carom Seeds/Ajwain
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 4 Boiled Potato
- 2 Chopped Chiilies
- 1 tsp Chopped Ginger
- 1 Chopped Onion
- Chopped Coriander
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 1 pinch Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- 5 tbsp Rice Flour /cornflour
- Cooking oil for frying
- Take a bowl add 2 cup of flour, add 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp carom seeds, and 1/4 cup of oil and mix it well.
- Add required water to make semi tight dough.
- now grease the dough with oil and cover it. Let it rest for 10minutes.
For Rose Potato Samosa Stuffing
- In another bowl take meshed boiled potatoes ,add two chopped green chilli, boil peas(optional),1 tsp of ginger, one medium size onion, and few chopped coriander.
- Time for spices, Add 1 tsp of red chilli flakes, little turmeric powder for colour, 1.2 tsp of cumin powder, 1/4 tsp of garam masala, 1 tsp of chaat masala.
- Now add 5 tbsp of cornflour for binding and now mix everything well.
- Now make a round balls from stuffing, lemon size.
- In a separate bowl take 1 tbsp of all-purpose flour mix little water to it and mix well . It help in sticking the boarders of samosas.
- After 10 minutes knead the samosa Dough again.
- Take a little portion of Dough and roll it to medium thickness like chappati’s.
- Now cut the roll out chappati’s with help of small bowl, round cutter. Remove excess dough.
- Now take that Chappati, give a slight cut on four corners ,be careful the center should not be cut.
- Now place the lemon size samosa stuffing in between the chappati’s.
Now apply Prepared All-purpose flour batter on all sides of Chappati’s.
- Now, take one part of chappatis and cover the stuffing and then overlap it with another .Do it with all four corner of chapati’s covering the stuffing. It give you shape like roses.
- Repeat the same steps for other rose samosa’s.
- You can deep fry them or bake it. I have baked it in airfryer for 180c in 15-20Minutes. You can also bake it in Microwave for 180C in 15-20Minutes.
I’m taking my blog to the next level with Blogchatter , #MyFriendAlexa and If you like my post and like to read more such post then check under #Gurjeetwrites hashtag.