Hello, My Master chefs out there or who want to be the master chefs by trying some easy recipes & making others happy by their cooking skills.
Today, I’m going to talk about one of the best dishes that never fails to impress anyone either children or adults. Those little balls with cheese under it that melts in our mouth is the best feeling in the world that we can ever experience.
And, I think after this you get an idea that I’m talking about nothing but everyone’s favourite cheese balls. This dish can be prepared with many twists & turns & spinach is one of them. Yes, spinach cheese balls are a variety of cheese ball that gives taste with good health.
Being a mom of two, I recommend this recipe of other moms struggling to feed their babies something healthy. As we know, spinach is rich in vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C and folate. Apart from that, it has many other sources like manganese, magnesium, iron and vitamin B2. It helps to stronger your baby’s bones & having it combination can help you make them eat.
These green cheesy & healthy balls prepared using the puree of spinach and having any type of cheese. Well, mozzarella is the most used in it either in sticks or cubes from. The dish is so simple to make with very basic ingredients available at home. All you need is to sauté the spinach leaves with onion, ginger and garlic (optional).
To give a crunchy taste you need another magic ingredient that is bread. Breadcrumbs & corn flour is also very important for this to provide it with a subtle cheese ball kind of texture & look.
Well, here I am presenting for you step by step instructions that you can follow to prepare yummiest spinach cheese ball at home.
- Spinach -250 gms
- oil 2tsp
- Onion 2tbsp
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 inch ginger piece
- 1 Chilli
- Mozzarella Cheese cube
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Oil for frying
1. Roughly chopped spinach and wash it well.
2. Take a pan ,heat the 2 tsp oil and now saute 1 clove garlic, 1 inch ginger, 1 green chilli and 2 tbsp onion.
3. Now cook spinach and saute till the spinach shrinks.
4. Before transferring the spinach into blender ,let it cool down completely.
5. Make a smooth paste of spinach mixture and you can add water if required . Do not add more water, add it if necessary.
6. Transfer the spinach puree into large mixing bowl.
7. Now Add in ½ cup bread crumbs, 2 tbsp corn flour and ¼ tsp salt in spinach mixture. Mix it well to form a dough. If you feel it is watery , you should add more breadcrumbs.
8. Grease hands with oil and make a ball with dough.
9. Press it and flatten it gently.
10. Time to add cheese. I have cut one amul cheese cube into 4 cubes. Place a small cube sized cheese into the flatten spinach ball and now get them together to form a ball.
11. Roll it nicely with hands to form crack-free balls. It is important step otherwise cheese will melt while frying.
12. Deep fry in medium hot oil . If you bake in high flame , inside cheese will not melt but utter spinach ball will turn black. Stir occasionally without making any cracks on cheeseballs and fry it till the cheese balls turn crispy .
13. Serve spinach cheese balls hot.
Try it and let me know how it turn out to be.