This quarantine make us learn new things. Learn to reuse thing or make best out of waste. You are wonder what we are going to make best of waste in kitchen.I am going to make Tutti-Frutti from Watermelon rind.
Have you seen those little sweet crystals in red, yellow, green, blue, and other colors? Yes, I am talking about TUTTI-FRUTTI. In Indian English, tutti frutti typically alludes to sugar-coated crude papaya. These are regularly little cubical pieces, frequently splendidly shaded. Tutti frutti is commonly arranged from raw papaya. Be that as it may, here, we get ready tutti frutti utilizing watermelon skins, i.e., the white part in watermelon. The white portion of the watermelon is known as the rind. Well, most of the people think it is just a waste part of the watermelon, but this is more like the outcome of best out of waste.
Today, I am sharing a beneficial formula for getting ready tutti frutti from watermelon rind. Watermelon tutti frutti making is not a rocket science that you cannot do. It is very simple if you know how to boil water and cut the veggies. It is accustomed to beautifying cakes and frozen yogurt treats, and we can utilize it in biryani. You can either air dry it for two or three days and use it promptly, or you can get dried out and store it in the storeroom for a considerable length of time.
It is commonly utilized for garnishes in frozen yogurts, pastries or cakes and anything on which you want to add it. There is no fixed or particular use of the tutti-frutti. For the most part, these sweetened organic products come in splendid red shading, green and yellow shading. Well, Tutti Frutti is an ice cream parlour thing generally sugar coated natural product. Apart from that, if you have kids, then it would be a must-try recipe for you. It will help you make healthy dishes, and by adding this, your children even will eat dishes which they don’t like.
The recipe is quite simple to follow so, here you follow step by step easy guide to making tutti frutti with watermelon rind.
Well, before moving forward, I also want to let you know the benefits of watermelon rind:
- It helps to reduce your blood pressure.
- Your workout sees a boost and makes you active.
- Watermelon rind is super rich in fiber.
- Watermelon Rind
- Water as required
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Food colour
1. First remove the green part of watermelon rind.
2. Chopped the white part of watermelon rind in small pieces. The size you want for tutti frutti.
3. Boil the chopped watermelon in water for 10 minutes , until it turn transparent.
4. Strain it and let it cool down for sometime.
5. Take 1 1/2 cups water in a pan and add 3/4 cup sugar in it. Let the sugar dissolve in the water completely.
6. When sugar is dissolve completely add the rind slices of watermelon. Let it boil for 10 minutes in sugar syrup.
7. Let the sugar syrup cool down.
8. Now divide the dice into 2 parts so we can add the colours. You can use as many colours you desire to make.
9. Add food colours to each part and mix it well. I have two colours red and orange.
10. I have also added different flavours to both the watermelon dices bowl.(Rose and vanilla)
11. Let it soak for minimum of 2 hours.
12. After 2 hours , strain the coloured dices separately and collect in a paper/foil.
13. Now let it dry in sun for 1 day in a tray.
14. It is ready to use in cake,icecream,dessert.