Have a happy period!
Ditching someone is not so good but, when it comes to ditching sanitary pad with menstruation cup then, you can go, girls…Trust me nothing can be better than that as we have heard, whatever happens, happens for good.
Oops! Don’t you know about menstrual cups? Don’t worry; I’m here to tell you everything about it as well as I’ll talk which brand is the best provider of these cups.
What is this Cup actually & Why it is called as Menstrual Cups?
A flexible funnel-shaped and small cup used as the hygiene product. It is a reusable feminine product made of silicone or rubber that you can insert into your vagina to collect fluid discharging through periods. This cup can hold blood more than any sanitary pad up to 12 hours.
How to buy a Menstrual cup?
There are so many women already using this cup while some are still afraid to use it. If it’s your first time then, it would be better to suggest any gynecologist first. You can purchase any cup from the reputed brand like Everteen. There are so many factors that you should consider before using a menstrual cup such as:
- What is your age
- What is the length of your cervix.
- heavy flow or light flow
- how flexible the cup is
- The capacity of the cup
If you haven’t given birth vaginally then, the smaller menstrual cup you can consider while if you’ve given birth vaginally then, consider larger cup.
What to do when you’re using it for the First Time?
When you are new to a menstrual cup, it can be a little uncomfortable for you. So, it is good to use lubricant or any water-based lube (lubricant).
How to Use a Menstrual Cup?
At first, you’ll find it difficult but, if you are using tampon then it relatively easy to use a menstrual cup. Here are simple steps to use a cup:
- Wash your hands thoroughly.
- Apply water or water-based lube to the rim of the cup.
- Tightly fold the menstrual cup in half, holding it in one hand with the rim facing up.
- Insert the cup, rim up, into your vagina like you would a tampon without an applicator. It should sit a few inches below your cervix.
- Once the cup is in your vagina, rotate it. It will spring open to create an airtight seal that stops leaks.
On the Other hand to keep it out,Just Follow:
After washing your hand, place your thumb and index finger into your vagina.
- Pull the stem of the cup gently to reach the base.
- Slightly pinch the base to release the seal & pull it down until cup comes out.
- Wash it completely and sink in the toilet.
What would be the Duration of taking a cup out?
6 to 12 hours. Yes, depending on your flow you can keep a cap up-to 6 to 12 hours. This is very good as compared to the sanitary pad as it is good for overnight protection.
What is the Best Brand that delivers a Menstrual Cup?
Everteen, one of the best brands that is specially designed to consider all the needs of women. We usually spend our money every month to buy sanitary pads or tampon but, Everteen menstrual cup is reusable for up to 10 years. It is 100% safe to use while giving the best protection for up to 12 hours. By using this cup, you can do all the activities dance, swim, yoga etc.
Reasons to Switch from Sanitary Pad to Menstrual Cups
- It is reusable for up to 10 years.
- It gives leak-free protection for up to 12 hours.
- No menstrual odour, dryness, discomfort, itching or rashes
- Lesser need to remove and reinsert compared to changing sanitary pads
- Lesser cramps due to the suction created by the seal of the Cup
- No risk of flooding or period disasters due to sneezing
- lesser change of infection.
How to Clean a Menstrual Cup
- It is advisable to use mild liquid soap to clean it but I prefer cleaning it with intimate wash that is required to maintain pH level of our most sensitive area.
- It is best if you boil the menstrual cup in water for 20 minutes , so you can use it for next cycle.
- Do not apply any oil on the menstrual cup that will create a layer on the cup and make it sticky. It will be an invitation for infection too.
Myth related to Menstrual Cup
Myth 1 – You can’t pee or poo while inserted Menstrual Cup. Its Not true, you can easily pee and poo without any problem.
Myth 2– You should not insert Menstrual cup overnight, No I use it overnight because it give me freedom from stains ,rashes. I have a sound sleep.
Myth 3– Virgins cannot use menstrual cups. It may be little difficult in starting to insert but it can be used by virgins too.
Myth 4– When cup is full,the blood flows back to uterus. The muscles of the uterus push the menstrual blood out from the uterus and not taking it back.
Myth 5– Vagina get loose from Menstrual cup. Biggest myth, Vagina won’t stretch from using a menstrual cup.Do not forget vagina’s allow to pass baby through it. Vagina is quite stretchable muscles which get back to its original shape.
Price of Everteen Menstrual Cup:
- Large size cup: Rs.455
- Small size cup: Rs.435
Ingredients: It is made up of medical-grade silicone
Everteen Menstrual Cup Packaging:
The packaging of Everteen is very good as this funnel-shaped small cup made of silicone comes inside the square box. The company is also giving a beautiful satin pouch to store the cup.
The product is available at https://everteen.co.in/
Everteen can be a best friend of women, I have used numbers of Everteen product and menstrual cup is one of the best. I have felt complete freedom while using this product. It is cost-effective, easy to use and environment-friendly. So, have a happy period.
‘I am taking my Alexa rank to the next level with Blogchatter’ #MyFriendAlexa . If you like my post and you wish to read more, you can find all my posts under the hashtag #SagaofGurjeet .